Goodness me. Guess who completely fell out of her routine and completely forgot about compiling the round-up for the customary 8am (GMT) publication? Yeah. They say it takes three weeks to establish a habit. And probably only three days to fall out of it… But well, better late than never, and so here is what I found noteworthy on tumblr this week.
- Jollytr continues her great fan service and has compiled another massive picture set that summarises episodes 9 to 13 of RH season 1. Thanks!
- Staying with Guy of Gisborne – riepu10 not only delights by posting a particularly loved photo of our Guy, but she’s found a quote that I hadn’t read before and that I really enjoyed
- ruinarmitage was one of the people who giffed the Crucible promo video. I love how she interspersed it with the reviews
- My shrine fairy Mimi, aka nfcomics, continues her series of Guy quips
- Now, this is a version of 50 shades of gRAy that I approve of. Thanks to richardcfarmitage for putting this together
- Another great fan service that can’t be commended highly enough. fangurl4 has collected all the links to Crucible reviews as of July 24, 2014
- How sweet is this??? Redlibrary has trained her daughter well…
- Remember norloth’s graphics of Lego Thornton? Well, there are more. There is a Gisborne now, and Porter. And you can even buy them in the shape of a postcard set. Cute!
- I usually don’t link to posts that link off tumblr, but this one by a-pirate-my-heartie is a mood booster that should be required watching every morning
- Slightly collateral, but Thorin makes an appearance in closetshipping’s fabulous “Dwalin’s travel journal”. Very funny
- *gigglesuncontrollably* oh my, now, that gif by mydadisindianajones puts the company of dwarves into an entirely new light. I hope they didn’t stop at the petrol/gas station afterwards…
- I really enjoyed reading sahraobsessed’s review of ITS. Another review that carries weight because it is written by and for a fangirl
- In case you find there is too little Richard in ITS, you should bookmark gifs like ra-overload’s. Endless loop American-Hero-Richard. Could be worse…
- Sorry for the amount of Bagginshield today, but this set of drawings by seadeepspaceontheside was just too cute to omit. Appeals particularly to mommies *ggg*
- A nice gif with a nice quote – and that smooth ex-dancer turn by Lucas. prefernot2 knows what we like…
- And another fan service from sahraobsessed – the regular look at RA’s starmeter on IMDb
- Intellectual Thorin. If it weren’t for the headdress. And those glasses look suspiciously like mine. bagginsgotdabooty definitely made me laugh with this
Hope you had fun with the link collection!
Unrelated, but I am taking the opportunity to attach a quick personal word
because it gives me the opportunity to put a few pictures into an otherwise rather plain post. I returned home on Wednesday night and oh, how wonderful it is to be home again, in my own surroundings, with my own things massive collection of RAvotionalia… 😀 I was not only greeted by brilliant sunshine but also by this (see right):
Ok, disregard the massive parcel at the bottom (really uninteresting – work-related stuff), but in total there were eight (8!!!!) packages waiting for me.
Honestly, I think Mr A must be noticing a fall-off of fan-mail which seems to be getting re-directed to me *ggg*. I had a great time (1 hour in total!) of unwrapping and opening the packages. It felt like the Christmas of my childhood (with advancing age, the number of gifts is getting smaller and smaller. Hubster is not much into gift-giving for Christmas and birthday. No precious jewels laid out on Guylty’s cleavage. He prefers to gift-bomb when it’s least expected.)
My thanks go to – in no particular order – Kathy, Mimi, Obscura, UtePirat, Christine, Claudia, Mezzmerizedbyrichard and Agzy. I will be a bit more elaborate with my thanks via mail or in future posts. For now just know that my heart was lifted a good bit by your lovely parcels and also by the cards that I received in the post! I’ll leave you with the picture of a gift that is really, really sweet. Click picture to read what Agzy’s label says…