Hello m’dears. It’s two weeks since the last round-up.
I guess I should delete the “weekly” from the title… it’s week 45 of the year and I have only compiled 36 of these yokes… You may have already copped on to what that may mean. I have been away. In New York. And yes, I have watched LLL. The week in New York meant that I did not have time to compile a round-up last weekend. With the big apple waiting outside – and Richard and fans at the stage door – I could not/would not justify spending time cooped up in my hotel on the laptop. I returned home on Thursday morning and plunged straight back into my normal routine of work and life, after a 3 hour nap. I was completely out of it for a day, the jet-lag had me firmly in its grip. I felt as if I was walking around in a cotton wrap – strangely removed and wobbly. Or maybe those are the symptoms of the effect a close encounter with RA on the stage and at the stage door have on a sensitive fangirl? In any case, I acclimatised on Friday, and now am largely back on form.
Enough form to compile the round-up. I know, many of you are waiting for my review of the play, my account of the
successful stage doors, and a word on the fan encounters I was lucky to have. Stage doors and fan meets are first and foremost on my mind, but somehow the weekly round-up has become a bit of a duty to me, and I feel that I need to get this out of the way before my mind is free to deal with a write-up of all the things I have done and seen over the last week. I will get to the play, the stage doors, the fan meets, my New York photos over the next days. I’ll only say this for now: It was brilliant, in almost every way, and I was lucky to have been able to make the journey. Seeing Richard Armitage live on stage is *always* worth it. But what made this transatlantic journey extra-special, was the wonderful, meaningful encounters that took place in New York. I’ll get to it in due course!
As for now, the round-up is extra big this week, thanks to the backlog of noteworthy posts. Since I am covering more than one week, I have actually organised and grouped the links a little bit according to show/chaRActer and RL New-York related stuff. I guess, my mind is still looking for ways of finding perspective on my own various interests – the unfinished analysis of BS, the ongoing stage door excitement in New York, and the various other chaRActers popping up on tumblr. You’ll notice it when you go through the links. Enjoy!
- I have never been a vampire fan at all, but riepu10’s manip of Daniel as bloodthirsty creature of the night somehow gets me…
- Moving Daniel profile porn. Aw, and the family connection… giffed by riepu10
- Black/white makes everything look so artistic! Love ninapenyap’s desaturated versions of the BS stills
- Richard-crispin-armitage is on to something! These stills from episodes 5 and 7 of BS really do look like fashion photoshoots. Probably also remind us of Anders Overgaard taxi shots from New York, 2013. Nice!
- Intense gaze-work by Daniel Miller, courtesy of drldeboer (episode 4)
- Queenoferebor1204 has just the right priorities – I totally noticed the low neck of the t-shirt that Daniel is wearing, too. Neckitage, anyone?
- Daniel smiles. A gif by miworldstuff that you could watch on endless loop
- This is just gorgeous. Daniel. Shallow dof. Sigh. Posted by zhitavok
- And another by zhitavok – Daniel eating Chinese… He sure knows how to use his chopsticks…
- Drldeboer again with caps from episode 4. All Daniel
- Intense, close-up caps of Daniel. Always welcome. Thank you to ausschweifendemotte
- A little game of “spot the difference” courtesy of Lucas North, Daniel Miller and queenoferebor1204
- Richard-crispin-armitage has put some of the new stills from BS in a set. Not quite sure about the make-up… or what do you think?
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard mesmerises me with a mesmerising close-up of – Daniel swallowing *LOL*
- The dreaded C word* comes to mind when looking at this compelling gif set by ghisborne. *CUTE!
- A fairly typical reaction to seeing Richard Armitage act. Confessed by richarm
- Somehow this picture of RA’s producers Bradford Winters and Larry Cohen visiting the stage door passed me by… Posted by chrisdurin
- A short post on the LLL play and stage door with photos by jkrfan7
- Some shots from the stage door on Saturday, 5th November, by chrisdurin. The shoes… *coughs*
- Kimanne723 has been a regular at the SD and posted more pics from the very busy SD on the 5th, too
- And the same night, from richardcfarmitage, with commentary. I wish I had known she was there – her tumblr is a name that has popped up here, frequently, and I would’ve liked to say hello to her…
- Balswing shares her experience of New York and watching LLL on post-election day
- Assassin’s Creed anyone? Guy is more than fitting. Manip by not-possess-but-marry
- Love this graphic of Guy by prongs-deer
- Zeesmuse has posted another chapter of her “Aside from Heaven” on rasexualfrustration. Compelling, as ever!
- Oleron, I think you should re-think your breeches. *stifles giggle* Gifs by serik27
- Never not reblog a smiling dark knight. Guy… by ghisborne
- A nice little comic of Bilbo and Thorin by lis-alis
- This post by fizzy-custard had me laugh out loud. Convincingly argued!
- And passing on the message by fizzy-custard who is calling all UK-based fans of RA, TH and LOTR for a meet-up
Hope you have enjoyed this packed edition of the Weekly Round-up! If anything, I hope it has distracted you from the dire political news of the world. We all need a bit of distraction, I think, and messages of love and appeals to concentrate on our shared characteristics rather than what separates us, are needed and appreciated. I don’t feel like dancing right now, but I definitely believe that we should not waste our lives arguing destructively, but working constructively to overcome division.
❤️ and ☮,